Friday, May 18, 2012

thirty three




Nate's been out of town this week.  I've missed him. Thought about him.  Looked forward to giving him a big welcome home smooch.



Last week we celebrated him.  33 years.  He is a marvel - so many accomplishments, such a good, true soul.  I asked several friends and family members to tell me a word that comes to mind when they think of Nate.

converted
chosen
solid
positive
laughter
diligent
brave
hero
engaged
inspiring
steadfast

I smiled and swelled as those words rolled in, agreeing with every one. So thankful that he is in fact all of the kind things our loved ones think he is.

The kids made him the best banner in all the world, festooned with basketball team logos & a portrait of Kevin Durant (Henry), and smiley faces (Lily).

I was so pleased to see it be basketball themed and not boxing ;)






1 comment:

  1. What a darling idea! The whole "Nate in 33 words" idea.
    You are such a thoughtful, good wife, Em.

    ReplyDelete