Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I love her in a ponytail





This little peanut is in a demanding phase right now. She calls my name, "MommyMama, MommyMama, MommyMama, MommyMama..." all the day long. I make an effort to respond promptly, knowing how frustrating it is to be ignored. But when i say, "what Lily?" she gives a few thoughtful, "Umm, umm, umm's" and then it starts all over. "MommyMama, MommyMama..." and the intensity grows with every syllable. It's a little bit funny and entirely indicative of her personality (determined, persistent, particular, vocal...) but by bedtime I am worn to a frazzle, holding to my patience with white knuckles. More often than before, I find myself irritated. Edgy.

I was feeling that way today, late afternoon, in my bathroom. She was being stubborn. I could feel my patience slipping.

And then, swift and sharp, thoughts came from some place altogether calm and mild. Some place heaven-like, if not just Heaven. Reminders.

And for the rest of the day, patience was easier.



But bedtime was still warmly welcomed.

3 comments:

  1. That girl puts the who back in whoville with that pony! So adorable. Hard to believe she can cause her mother ANY consternation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a funny little lady. Her cheeks and lips and nose...just too juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post - I can relate to it completely. I think Lily & Noah are cut from the same cloth. They sure are cute - sassy & all!

    ReplyDelete