* for November days warm enough for swinging and park playing
* for health
* for sweet children
* for their sweet father (incidentally, he's been lifting weights again for the first time in years, and his muscles are coming back. I think that's really cute).
* for Lily's chuggy buns
* and Henry's cheeks - still a little flopsy and chubby, the only bit of residual toddler that remains
* for great chats with dear friends (Nat - your optimism and faith brighten my soul. Thank you. Linds - I really appreciated our visit yesterday. You inspire me. Tracy - your invitations mean so much to me -- one of these days, we're going to get together. You are a sweet friend.)
* for perspective-altering
* for this talk
* for Lily's morning hair (and face, and breath and smell and voice) oh, i love her in the morning
* for a tender heart and the blessing of feeling deeply, even when it makes me cry
* for a change of plans this weekend
* that I got asked out for Saturday night - we need a date. boy, do we
* for the kind friends who offered complimentary babysitting for said date
* that today is bread day; i love bread day
* for advent inspiration; (thanks, Traci!) christmas season is going to be magical this year
* for my mom
* for our picnic on the balcony yesterday; the way Lily just gobbled up the blueberries, saying "Mmmmm" after every bite, and the way Henry put raspberry "roofs" on each of his fingertips
* for these words:
"To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common--this is my symphony."
WILLIAM HENRY CHANNING.
I want that to be my symphony, too.Also, I think you should watch this video. You'll be glad you did.
* for my faith