Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Milestone



Yesterday we went to the library with some friends and Henry got his very own library card. He even wrote his own name on the back of it. I don't know why, but I think it's the cutest thing in the world (besides him and his sister).





These very blurry and bad pictures are some I snapped last night of Henry and Lily having the cutest little snuggle in the rocking chair in her room just before she went to bed. She just sat there so content to be next to him, little smiles peeking out from behind her binky now and then. I have such tender bonds with my siblings, especially my brother just younger than me - it brings a lot of peace and joy to imagine the kind of support and loyalty that will exist in my children's relationships as they get older.

Things continue to be volatile with the sale of our house - promising one day, very dim the next. We're in a "very dim" period right now. We'll see what happens. Everything will work out, I know that. It always does. And I've spent so much of my life worrying about outcomes that I had no control over...I'm trying not to do that this time. And I'm mostly succeeding. Though, if it's going to be a while before we move out of here, I would like to put my mirrors back up over my entry table. And in the mean time I'm finding tremendous amounts of peace in music - the hymns, more precisely. . .

"no toil nor labor fear, but with joy wend your way
though hard to you this journey may appear, grace shall be as your day."

3 comments:

  1. Selling a house is one of the most stressful things ever. When I sold my house in Rochester, the buyer wanted to back out THE DAY OF CLOSING. We were already out, paying rent on an apartment, and I nearly lost it. Thankfully my agent came through and talked the buyer down, and all was fine. Good luck Emily, you'll get through it and it will be a distant memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many reasons why renting is the way to go...but their are endless benefits to "owning" a home too.
    Moving is not fun. Selling a home is not fun. Taking your treasures off the walls to make your house less "you" and more "sellable" is not fun.
    But like you, I know it will all work out and to your benefit. You and Nate are such genuinely good people. All will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Miss Emily, we are now blogging friends. Now I have to go check back into mommyhood.

    ReplyDelete