Thursday, September 17, 2009

In the details

Photobucket

When I went in to turn out Henry's lamp tonight, I noticed the assortment of belongings on his nightstand...(he had gone and collected each little thing after I put him to bed 'cause when I kissed him good night and turned his lamp on, it was just an empty plot of white press-board.)

Photobucket

* the paper airplane I made him today
* the pumpkin he picked out at the super market (incidentally, he picked a similar one, only tinier, for his little sister; hers was carefully placed atop a little shelf in her room while we were putting her to bed.)
* and a little glass of water (he always gets thirsty in the night).

For some reason his little collection really got to my heart tonight.
And I need to remember it.

5 comments:

  1. A moment to be treasured, for sure. He is such a darling boy, Em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie. It's the little things that our children do that really spotlight their personalities. It just makes us love them even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love this little window into the heart of sweet sleeping Henry!

    ReplyDelete