Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dearest


My grandma watched Lily for me last week so I could go for a walk and make a quick trip to Costco.  Lily was so thrilled to be able to spend the morning with her - just the two of them.  She's lived here for two years now (my grandma) - and still, I can't believe she's really here and we're really lucky enough to have her in our lives the way we do.  There is almost no one else on earth I feel more kindred with, more known and understood by, more unconditionally loved by.  When I came around the corner to pick Lily up and saw this little scene I thought my heart would jump right out of me.  I feel so thankful for my girl to have the chance to know my grandma and love her like I do.
And when I uploaded this picture I could see myself in my grandma's features and I felt so honored that she is part of me, in the lines of my profile, and in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. I am so enjoying Nancy being here. She is part of our knitting group and I love her spirit and stories that she brings to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw this picture I saw you in her, before I read that you felt the same way. What a sweet picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you live close enough that your kids can spend time with her!

    ReplyDelete