Friday, November 6, 2009

Kids & Technology

At what age do you think a child should be allowed to have a cell phone?
As a parent, how do you monitor the use of your child's phone? Limited minutes? Take it away at night? What about texting? Unlimited vs. limited? Do you read them?
Who pays for your child's mobile device?

I feel like this is sort of a new-ish domain of parenthood as much of this technology wasn't even around when I was a child and was in its infancy in my teen years. I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Come weigh in on these matters at Bloom...please?

1 comment:

  1. I obviously do not have any kids, but I would not buy a kid a phone that he/she could use to text or call buddies with. I would buy one that could be used only for emergencies. And I would probably only allow the phone to call a few numbers.

    But, I don't have kids. So I can't be an authority on the matter.

    BTW, thanks for coming last night! I'm sorry that we didn't get to talk! I was really happy to see you there!

    ReplyDelete