Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Serious Business

I've been trapped inside a bubble of laziness about writing lately. There are two problems:
1. I know it is going to take some time and effort to pen my recent thoughts and feelings and...
2. I've wanted/needed to direct a lot of time and effort to other things lately, mostly two little things that start with H and L.

And. There is one more problem:
My bottom. Yesterday I was chasing Henry around the couch and I felt like my bum was moving as its own separate entity -- all manner of jiggling and gelatinous flubbering. So last night I resolved to devote a portion of what little discretionary time I have to exercise. I am getting reacquainted with the treadmill.

Anyway, as a result of all this, I feel like the written portion of this blog is shriveling on the vine, which fact makes me quite sad. I need to make some time for writing. Or just make peace with the fact that I cannot have both a firm buttocks and a well-written blog in this season of my life. I will ponder on that choice (blog or buttocks), and the possibility for the coexistence of both (early rising? *shudder*). But in the meantime, and as a little St. Patty's Day treat for all the grandmas and aunties out there, here are some pictures of Lilsey:

Photobucket
She takes her job (Eater of Solid Foods) very seriously. And it is serious.
Photobucket
And she thinks it's very neat that she can stick her tongue out. And it is neat.
Photobucket
And she gets very sad when it's all gone. And it is sad.
And (I know this is a little bit mean), but it's very cute, too.

And one last matter of serious business: We woke up to green yogurt and green milk this morning!
Photobucket
Silly Leprechauns!
Did they make mischief at your house?

May the Luck o' the Irish be showered upon you today!

3 comments:

  1. It's funny you mention thinking you need to start exercising because I distinctly thought when I looked at your last post--wow she's skinny for having so recently given birth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luck of the Irish to you as you reach for balance in your life. It an ever evolving challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em you are so dang skinny I am jealous. I have been exercising a lot since I had Audrey but I'm still not down to my normal weight. Probably because I eat too many sweets. But if you want a firmer butt, more power to you!
    I completely agree with you: early rising= shudder.
    I think I may need to start getting up earlier just to be more on top of things. I always feel behind and flustered.
    Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete